Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Me and OSS 2: A Small Step to begin A Grand Voyage

The date was February 2006. A little more than a year ago when i start doing a commute daily trips for a total of forty kilometers (25 miles). Finally, i get out of PHP universe (and swore a silent oath that i'd never go anywhere near it anymore) and once again embraced my first love, Java. It took me a mere four months when i started to feel bored of what i was doing. That's another negative traits of mine. I get bored easily. Again, on my defense, on the project i'm working in, i was doing a clean-up jobs. And you who ever been into a software industry surely knew that clean-up jobs is a pain in the ass. You dwelved into codes that has been written and re-written by god knows how many programmers before. Each with their own style and their own conventions, and the one who paid me expect me to patch things. Oh, i hate that kind of jobs. But i kept holding on to that company until a year later.

Why, you said? Again, it's because of that simple thing again. That same small thing that has kept me in chains for more than two years at the campus.

The date was May 2006, i went to Padang for a training session with the end-users. And that's where i met her. The one who captured me by heart, by a slight look of her eyes, and one who finally pushes me to walk through the door.

I loved a silent company. I often went to movie theater by myself, enjoying a Starbuck coffee by myself, in short, i just love going anywhere, without anybody to hold me down. The prospect of having a girl clinging into my arms, dragging me to a nearest department store where there is a 70% discount, it's not something that i would look forward to. But, this one, from the moment i laid eyes on her, i just knew that she's a silent company. And she was. She knew how to treat me, and though there were still some sparks among us, but it's a difference unavoidable because two individuals are meant to be different. Suffice to say that she was the almost perfect puzzle-piece that fit into mine. Almost, you say? well, if you asked me, there's no way in this puny world created by Allah, that there would be a perfect thing. He made her as an almost perfect because of course, He wants me to learn to respect others. Thus re-shaping myself to further compliment the piece that was hers. Oh, i could go on about all this melancholy debacles. But i had to stop.

Anyway, in only two weeks, i spilled anything to her, revealing any secrets that i have been hidden for so long. And though i can't be sure about it, i believed that she also did the same to me. She pushes me, encourages me, but never really pushes me. My friend used to say that i was like a wild horse, run amok, run wild without any directions, and trusting fate that who knows maybe when i stop to rest, i found my prairie, a heaven on Earth. He couldn't be more wrong. But of course, as a wild horse i was, i refused to had a rein attached to me. She knows about it. She still let me runs around, but slowly, she built fences that guide me to her pictured prairie. A prairie she knows i wouldn't refuse.

Some accomplishments were made, both in my relationships with her, and in my pursuit of happiness (yes, i used this word). And that's where i was right now. Just a step beyond the door. Adventures waiting, wealth promising, but there wouldn't be any wealth, without blood and tears. But now, i'm ready to spill any blood, any tears, anything. Now that i had a princess awaiting for me, right at the end of this road.

To be concluded...

Digg this

No comments: