Monday, July 14, 2008

"The Square Root of Three" by David Feinberg

Quite probably the single best thing that could be obtained from Harold & Kumar Escape from the Guantanamo Bay which otherwise a stoner film merely repeating the formula that put its predecessor (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle) into the map of fans of intentionally stupid comedy film is this poem by Kumar, "The Square Root of Three" which according to some quick info from Google was written by David Feiberg. I can't help but smirked in amusement.

"I’m sure that I will always be
A lonely number like root three

The three is all that’s good and right,
Why must my three keep out of sight
Beneath the vicious square root sign,
I wish instead I were a nine

For nine could thwart this evil trick,
with just some quick arithmetic

I know I’ll never see the sun, as 1.7321
Such is my reality, a sad irrationality

When hark! What is this I see,
Another square root of a three

As quietly co-waltzing by,
Together now we multiply
To form a number we prefer,
Rejoicing as an integer

We break free from our mortal bonds
With the wave of magic wands

Our square root signs become unglued
Your love for me has been renewed"

The overall film was okay, i guess, if you're a fan of the first film, you'd love it. It's full of ridiculous thing over another, as Harold & Kumar trek their "epic" journey from Guantanamo Bay to Texas, and meeting one cartoonish character after another from a bottomless swim party, a Cyclop inbred, a KKK party, to a smoking weed session with unexpected ally. This film is cock-full of racial stereotypes and enough nudity, profanity and of course, weeds to grant a solid R rating.

My rating: *1/2 / **** - Pretty much an enjoyable time wasting experience. However, a 110 minutes of running time might be a little too long for most to this kind of film.

Digg this

No comments: