Monday, August 28, 2006

Responsibility

Uncle Ben used to say to his nephew, "With great power came a great responsibility". Now, is it my chance to had a sip from a God's grail as a sign that i had more power with more responsibility that i had to put on my shoulder? I'm about to whine in this post.

I was more comfortable working behind the screen, because by that, i could easily put my timetable the way i see fit without any concern for other's. And i've been doing that for this last two years. But now, after 6 months and two weeks of job, i've been pushed by management to not only sit behind my screen but to stand and speak before the end-users. And i dont like that.

On the other hand, by given that responsibility, i could push my value to the company i'm worked for and would easier for me to ask for a pay-raise in the future. But then again, i would ten times prefer to be a developer than a system-analyst, even though, here, a system-analyst was considered as an upgraded developer.

In real life, i've recently also faced with threatening responsibilities. I wouldn't want to went into details here though, well, yet. But, by facing these responsibilities i may in the end could prove myself worthy of the title "adult". No, i'm not kidding. And thus, i could abandon my seven years nickname, "Ramza Boy" and maybe changed it into... "Ramza Man"? Don't like the way it sounds though. Cheers.

Digg this

No comments: