Monday, October 20, 2008

About This Week's New Releases

I had planned to go see Max Payne last night as one of the two "new" releases this week. The other one is P2. I know, P2 is originally released sometime last year, and I've seen it months ago albeit that no review had come from yours truly here. This, again, raises the questionable methods of our local theater network to pick their new releases. The same questionable methods to pit Lindsay Lohan's I Know Who Killed Me, almost a year after its original release.

Alas, considering that Max Payne is one of those game-based movie adaptation, and the last time I saw a game-based movie adaptation is Hitman (which from what I understand, had the same breadth with Max Payne) and it wasn't really that pleasant experience to endure, I had opted to stay at home instead of battling the midnight air.

What about P2? As I've told before, I've already seen P2. But, if you think that I should relive the memory and writing a review about it, well, sorry to disappoint, but that's just not the way it (or this) work. I usually had a one-two hour window of opportunity to write a proper review right after I've seen the film or at the very least, listing key points of strengths and weaknesses. Had I missed the window, well, the opportunity is lost. All I could remember about P2 was a nasty death scene and a generous cleavage of its leading actress. But that's just about it.

So, two options, none appealing, thus, I had stayed home and watched The Strangers instead. One thriller film that had positive buzzes all over the festival film worldwide.

Digg this

No comments: