Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Golden Globe 2007

So, the 64th Golden Globe Awards was live on Star World today, and i only managed to watch it from the Best Director award announcement. And yes, Martin Scorcese had won for the Best Director. Anyways, here's the winner lists from the award (excluding awards for TV series).

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture:
Peter Morgan - The Queen
My Pick: The Queen, obviously. The simple idea of the film had turned into a great enjoyable experience, and ultimately become one of the best films i've seen in 2006.

Best Director - Motion Picture:
Martin Scorcese - The Departed
My Pick: Need i say more?

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture:
Jennifer Hudson - Dreamgirls
My Pick: Rinko Kikuchi (Babel). Well, i haven't seen Dreamgirls just yet so my comment would be unjustified at this moment. But, i highly doubted that my comment would be changed afterall.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture:
Eddie Murphy - Dreamgirls
My Pick: Jack Nicholson (The Departed). Again, i haven't seen Dreamgirls just yet, but, seeing how many buzzes Eddie had generated over the year had really piqued my interest. But for now, Mr. Nicholson's performance in The Departed was still the best in my very own eyes.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy:
Merryl Streep - The Devil Wears Prada
My Pick: Merryl Streep, hands down.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy:
Sacha Baron Cohen - Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
My Pick: I would personally go with Jhonny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest), but Sacha Baron Cohen with his Borat was also a great success in terms of comedy.

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy:
Dreamgirls
My Pick: Little Miss Sunshine all the way. Now, i had a really disturbing hunch. Remember Chicago (2002) which had won Academy Awards for Best Picture? I had a pretty good hunch that Dreamgirls would again, be another musical film which would again, victorious at the next Academy Awards

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama:
Helen Mirren - The Queen
My Pick: Helen Mirren. Need i say more?, this was her night. She also won an award for a best performance by an actress in a mini-series for her performance as Queen Elizabeth I. She was indeed a true Queen.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama:
Forest Whitaker - The Last King of Scotland
My Pick: Forest Whitaker. As much as i want Leonardo DiCaprio to win, Forest Whitaker had all the buzz, and his portrayal of Idi Amin was both terrifying and sympathetic.

Best Motion Picture - Drama:
Babel
My Pick: Between Babel and The Departed. Though i would personally inclined to the latter. But, of course, i wouldn't mind at all for its win.

Digg this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yupe if it's about movies just leave it to rhama:)

I managed to watch the golden globe award only for "the best actor for drama tv" (is it correct?) and i'm so happy coz' Hugh Laurie won it:D Yay i like him so much (I mean his play:D).
And also for "the best animated movie", i'm so excited coz' Cars won it. I like every animated movie created by pixar animation^^. They always great....

view.... ternyata cape' juga nulis komentar pake bhs inggris:D