Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Decision Decision

My life has taken yet antoher sharp turn. Real sharp turn in just a couple of days. No, actually, three working days.

About a month ago, there's a management change in my company. My boss - the one to whom i did my reporting - recruited one of his friend, an IT company owner, specialized in a puny language, PHP as one of the manager. At first, i welcomed the change, had a few chats with him, and rather intrigued with his visions and missions up to a point where i was sure enough to stay with the company (under this new management) to really see how he carried out his visions and missions . But yet again, once again, my inability to correctly judge people shows its ugly teeth. I NEVER NEVER EVER made a correct judgement to people. My experiences has proved that. Anyway, i was tagging along with the company for a while. Until last Friday. First, i got a call from a company in which i had undergone to psychological and technical tests the previous month, and which i'm quite sure i got ruled-out because of my expressive attitude (as shown in a physcological tests, i'm sure.. hey, i was just being myself). Yet, i got invited to interview with Human Resources today. I had no idea how it's gone though, wish me luck.

On Monday, this is where the sharp turn coming in. Remember, in my company there were two bosses. The one whom i did my reporting to, and the one whom i really don't feel obliged to, the new one. I spoke with my boss about my project. All the time, this new boss made a phone call. His voice was raised so high that it actually made me cringe because i had to listen to my boss' instructions. No respect. This isn't exactly the first time he did that. But it never bothered me the way it did that Monday.

Couple of hours later, i went to talk with my mates (note, there's two mates, the ones from the old company, and the ones from this new boss, PHP boys) about how that suddenly i felt something wrong about this new boss. To my delight surprise, i've got an anonymous nods. Yes, i'm not the only one who felt that there's something wrong with this new boss. There's a lenghty discussions among my mates (my real mates) about how does this affect their performance. Another event took place later that day. I've got separated from my mates. My new boss said that there would be a seat change, and he's pointing here and there as if he's in charge. My spider-sense get a twitch rather uncontrollable. He's not even my boss. Well, shortly, i had to share a room with a bunch of PHP programmers who had their stereos up high. I don't like this, and immediately went to my boss - my real boss. And this was the first spark between me (and my mates) and the PHP boys.

Tuesday (today). I had to settle a family-matters, an urgent, emergency, can't wait family matters. I made a call for almost two hours. And when i made calls, i went pacing up-and-down, and my hands were flailing about (that's merely because i'm an expressive kind-of-guy). I know i was wrong, and my boss understand. Just after i finished my call, my boss approaces me and said 'what happened?', so i tell him, the short version of it of course, since, you know, you just can't share a family matters even among friends, rite? So, it goes. I did an interview later that day. And when i'm back, i just learned from my mates (my real-mates) that my new boss talked about me behind my back.

Later that day, the afternoon i made a call again, and i was so drown in my conversation that i didn't heard my new boss saying something about me to one of his PHP boys (i found out later that this particular PHP boy was the leader of the pack, and nobody liked him, nobody, at all). It goes roughly like this, "Rhama must've think that PHP programmers are bunch of a losers, but look at him..". I didn't heard a single word, thankfully, i just heard it later from my boy, my junior, project member. Okay, first, though i don't like PHP, i never said that PHP programmers are losers, hey, i once earned my living through PHP. And second, the most severe insult i came upon, if you don't like me, said it to my face, if i did somethining wrong, put it forward. Just like my boss (the old one, not the new one). And that's what settles it. I quit.

Yes, i quit, and once again i was jobless (well, not quite, if i don't have an exit strategy, i wouldn't be so blunt of quitting, don't i?).

Digg this

3 comments:

niken said...

I never like people that talking bout someone else behind their back. Even surprising, even me, I try my best to say all my thought to the person that, well, makes me sick enough. Or, at least, I DON'T talk about him/her to anybody else. Better to keep it in my mind.

I just can say, be patient, mate. May be ridiculuous, but I believe that something better waits for you after all this mess.

Ganbatte! :D

Rhama Arya Wibawa said...

I got summoned today, and for once, it is a true relief when you learn that your company needs you more than you need your company.

But, of course, i'm not going to take any of my words back. I'm still quitting. Yet, i'm almost laugh when i learned that from today, i could really do anything i want, even not coming to the office, and still get paid. Ahhhh.... if this is how it felt to have power, then i could understand why people with power, always reluctant to let go.

niken said...

8O!

Well, then. I guess i can't blame those who try to get as much power as they can get, can I? *giggles*

But yeah, it feels nice to know that your company needs you more than you need your company. I even feel funny, eventhough it isn't me, of course :)

...you do have plan B, right? ;3