Tuesday, September 11, 2007

MTV Indonesia Movie Awards 2007

I'm not too fancy with MTV, my kind of MTV kind of died fifteen years ago. Further with voting concept by the viewers to determine its winner, any kind of Awards by MTV could be seen as what kind of taste the MTV viewers had. And since MTV viewers were mostly young people, it is justified that MTV claimed that their awards reflected what young viewer loved. I don't care, whatsoever. The 3rd MTV Indonesian Movie Awards 2007 was silently (i had no idea that such event exists before today and i considered myself pretty informative, well..) held last Friday September 7th, 2007. I can't comment about the show since i don't see it myself, but here's the winners:

Most Favorite Actor: Tora Sudiro (Nagabona Jadi 2)
Most Favorite Actress : Dina Olivia (Mengejar Mas-Mas)
Most Favorite Supporting Actress : Wulan Guritno (Nagabonar Jadi 2)
Most Favorite Supporting Actor : Wingky Wiryawan (Badai Pasti Berlalu)
Breaktrough Actor / Actress> : Albert Fakdawer (Denias, Senandung di Atas Awan)
Best Director : John de Rantau (Denias, Senandung di Atas Awan)
Best Theme Song : The Float (3 Hari Untuk Selamanya)
Best Scary Scene : Kuntilanak
Best Running Scene : Maaf, Saya Menghamili Istri Anda
Lifetime Achievement Award : Deddy Mizwar
Best Movie : Nagabonar Jadi 2

No surprises. I was told that Dina Olivia is very very magnificent in Mengejar Mas-Mas. I had set my mind to go see the film, but when i had a chance to slip it through my schedule, the film was nowhere to be found. It is sad that only Indonesian films who deal with mystical creatures (same old scary-formula, un-innovative scenes) and teenage love (lately it has been shifted to a yet another gear that the success formula of teenage love was determined by whether the main actor and actress are actual lover or not, Acha - Irwansyah, anyone?). Well, there you go. No surprises.

Digg this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never watch this kind of event since, well, it isn't valuable enough to be watched. At least, it's my own opinion.

Tora Sudiro as a winner?? What the... I don't even realize he's on that movie! Weird. :(

Anonymous said...

Of course, when I mean I didn't realize about Tora, I was joking. Deddy Mizwar was great, anyway :P