Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Random Shorts (1)

Some things that had happened around me today.

Had initially planned to do some morning jog. But when i woke up, it was raining outside and i figured that i would look stupid had i jogged through the rain. Went to the office at 7 a.m, and practically shivering through the early hour. Hadn't seen any sun for the whole day, and news has it that there were some cases of flooding in various area in Jakarta happened already.

We (me and my gf) had finally picked a date for our wedding. Just the date though, we still had to look for the venue's availability on that date. Further, we had our eyes on one and only one venue that would become the place where we're going to hold our wedding. Therefore, if the venue is not available on that date, it's going to be a big problem. Anyway, the date was Thursday. Odd, eh?

According to Javanese custom, my gf had a strength of 16 and i'm only 12. Does it matter?

My first working day at 2008. Spend the most of the day, backing up the application's data for the year 2007, put them somewhere safe, and started each application with zero data. Not exactly the brightest job in the world, but at least it's well paid.

Just learned that one of my friend at my former office was just married, and another one was just broke up with his girl friend for three years. Never thought that they would break up, but you never know.

Blogwalkings. Amusing myself with some film-related blogs which incidentally consists of 'what's hot' and 'what's not' in 2007. At cinematical, it was agreed that the year 2007 was the best year in film since 1999. On the contrary, James Berardinelli said that it was the worst year in film for the last several years. I stand with cinematical. It has been a good year in film this year, at least, easily better than 2006. I used to think that James Berardinelli was a reviewer whom taste and reviews generally agreed with mine. For the last couple of years, however, i tend to disagreed with him. A lot. Is it because i need to look for some other reviewers whose reviews best reflected my general taste? Or is it because i had developed some solid sense in me when it comes to writing reviews? I sincerely hope that it was the latter.

Digg this

No comments: