Friday, February 01, 2008

Can't Write

I was summoned this morning to Ritz-Charlton at Senayan City Business District, Jakarta to help with the company's minutes meeting 2008. I was annoyed at first. It was raining since morning, and since every managers and supervisors are at the Ritz-Charlton to attend the minutes meeting, i had figured out that nobody would cared if i went to the office with no shoes. So i went, no shoes. Just when i sat in my cubicle, my phone rang and that i had to go to Ritz-Charlton to help with the meeting. I was like, 'shit!'. Hastily, i went about to look for an extra pair of shoes from my coworkers for me to borrow, and went to Ritz-Charlton. Oh! How i hate meetings, aside from it gave a pretty useful insight from the company's targets and achievements, i was barely able to keep myself awake during the morning sessions. And with plenty of tasty food to chew upon, a cup of espresso wasn't nearly enough to keep me awake. Time flies, though, and suddenly, it was lunch. I had a plate full of chickens, shrimps, lambs, a tenderloin steak, and beef-jerkies. Not to mention a slew of cheesecakes, a mocca-something-with-strawberry-on-top, fresh fruits, and great great salad. One thing i knew from my company for certain is that they really know how to treat its employees. I don't really cared about how much money does it went, and how many more of it went to the individual pockets, but as long as i'm full, i'd be more than happy.

I was back at the office around three, and saw that the rain has soaked Jakarta since morning, and flood threatening, and my taxi was barely moved. You could see Ritz-Charlton from my office but it took me the better part of the hour to get me back.

Digg this

2 comments:

Finally Woken said...

I think what you mean is RITZ-CARLTON, not charlton.

And SCBD is a short for Sudirman Central Business District. Not Senayan City Business District, as such term doesn't exist and there's no Ritz-Carlton in Senayan area.

Rhama Arya Wibawa said...

Ow, yeah! Thanks for the correction! I just found out i've made a mistake, and decided not too fix it after you comment on it. You know, as some kind of an epitaph of sort.