Friday, February 15, 2008

Random Shorts (5)

It's Friday! And believe it or not, i luuve Fridays. I mean, how can you not love Fridays? We had two consecutive holidays immediately ahead and the fun starts almost immediately after you check-out from the office. That is, of course, applied if you're one of the white-collar worker with a very much pre-deterministic daily working hours, just like me. Further, i was epsecially enthusiastic with Friday beause my daily-work activities were dull, numbing, and sucks. Well, it still is the easiest job i've ever did, and since i just recently had a 'promotion' (my monthly-stipend prior to the 'promotion' was already far than enough to get me through the month with sufficient savings), it wasn't exactly a good conscience in my soul had i complained.

Anyway, my Friday nights were usually a caffeine-induced gaming sessions or film sessions. This week, i had planned to screened - you see how pretentious, and self-important i was? Using the word screened - several Oscar-esque films, Michael Clayton - whoah! Finally! I had seen the first thirty minutes of the film, and i decided that i would need to rewind the film. Tilda Swinton is great, by the way. And George Clooney was in his tired and detached look which i adored more, way more than his usual flamboyant look -, Away From Her, La Vie en Rose, and Eastern Promises. And i still had several books to finish, several projects hobbies to shape-up. Whoa! No sleep for the wicked.

On Saturday, there's a new film arrived in our local theater. Jumper. It's a film about "that guy who could teleported". I've read the book, review here, and liked its character, and in various parts, could found a small attachment to him. I've read the synopsis of the film, read several reviews, and rather pessimistic with the overall outcome of the film. First off, the film was action-oriented. I had pointed out in my review that in the book, the third and final act of the book was action-oriented and i don't like it. I never liked Hayden Christensen anyway, Sam L. Jackson was a bit overused if you asked me, his film choices of late weren't among my favorites. But of course, comparing to the alternatives, (P.S I Love You, insert -any-recent-Indonesian-films-here) we obviously had the clear winner over which film i should seen tomorrow.

Sunday, of course, Sunday is a sleep day. Have a nice weekend.

Digg this

No comments: