Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Random Shorts (10)

The idea of this post is a total rip-off from one of my favorite blog, Patrick Walsh. He is around my age, and one hell of a writer (well, because he IS a writer after all, one of Cinematical's staff, several newspaper and magazine articles about films to his credit, currently working on a television serie, had an IMDb entry, and if i'm not mistaken, had a film prepping sometime this year. Soo, in a way, i was kinda envious and kinda look up to him). Anyway, the idea was this. Fire up your iTunes (or what is it called? err... hold on... damn! i couldn't remember, it's on the tip of my tonuge.. what was it? Argh! Win.. um.. Win.. er.. Winamp! Ah, yeah, that's it! Winamp!). Soo.... it's either fire up your iTunes or that Win-thingies of yours, play it randomly, and name the first ten tracks that came out of it.

...

If anything, it should be sufficient as a filler to my usual Random Stuffs whenever i had absolutely no idea of what to write. Just like today.

1. Heart - Magic Man - These Dreams: Greatest Hits
Had i stretched my imagination thus far, i would be convinced that this song was a bluesy-twin to Crazy for You, also by Heart. However, i liked Crazy for You better.

2. Every Little Thing - Sure (Are You Sure Mix) - Eternity
Rrrrigggghtttt, never liked the song.

3. Queen - Las Palabras De Amor - Hot Space
Not among my favorite, but also not among my oftenly-skipped song.

4. Dream Theater - The Big Medley - A Change of Seasons
Ah, the memory. I bought the album back then in 1997 right at the very evening when my second brother was born. It was also the very first Dream Theater album that i bought. And fit to its title, the song was a medley of six classic songs covered by Dream Theater. Back then, the only recognizable part of this song for me is when they did a solo from Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

5. Pain of Salvation - Spirit of the Land - One Hour by the Concrete Lake
This Swedish band, as far as i know, were always made their album a concept-album. This song was a 30-seconds intro to the album. The riffs would be repeated in various parts of the album. Great band, but of course, to listen to a concept album, one need to dedicate themselves thoroughly to listen to the entire album.

6. Queen - Play the Game - The Game
I louuve this song. "All you have to do is fall in love... and play the game".

7. Helloween - Before the War - High Live
This is the very first song that introduces me to the band. This song, and this album. Not my favorite, but once in a while when i needed a head-banger, this song was one of THE perfect tools to facilitate the need.

8. Queen - Who Needs You - News of the World
This song had a beach feels to it, and i love to put myself into believing that i was actually a Freddie Mercury's reincarnation and sing-a-long with it. Loudly.

9. Megadeth - Amerikhastan - United Abominations
Not my favorite Megadeth's album, not my favorite's track. It is one of those my oftenly skipped songs.

10. Helloween - Electric Eye - The Time of the Oath
A B-side to the awesome album of The Time of the Oath. My 2nd favorite album from the band after Better than Raw. It features a very very familiar riff that reminds me of the golden age of glam metal where ripped jeans, long hair, and leather jacket was 'in'. In a momentary quick glance, the song (probably because of the familiar riff) also reminds me to one of Power Metal song which sadly, i couldn't recall at all.

Digg this

No comments: