Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Random Shorts (9)

Yep. It is inevitable. With slow months in films, expect me to post a rather frequent random shorts.

Arsenal wins! Well, i'm not exactly an Arsenal fans, i was more happy to see Milan lose on their own ground. Oh, don't get me wrong. I used to be one of the AC Milan fan, but as the time grew, i see more and more people expressed their fanatics in excessive, i stopped being their fan. Oh, sure, Kaka is a tremendous player, and so was Gattuso, but when we're talked about the team in overall, fans were always involved. And i rather stay away from these fans for the time being. Further, i had always hated any soccer game whenever the lesser team wins. And if you asked me, performance-wise Arsenal was better than Milan in both legs of the match.

Anyway, my MacBook started to show some signs of aging and extended use not by much though, considering that on the peak of the day, i'm opening iTunes, Safari, several Adobe Reader, NetBeans, Mail, Scrivener, Transmission, TextMate and DbVisualizer all at once. But still, another Gigs of memory should helped and i rarely (read: never) had a free-space of more than 2 Gigs, added to the fact that i haven't restarted it for more than five days. Anyway, Apple said that i should retain 80% of my battery life after 300 cycles. I'm at 298 cycles now, and my battery health is still clocked in at 99%. With many news about the dysfunctional battery on the MacBook line all over the world, should i felt lucky as the one who spared the defected component? I guess so. Finally, a fan-boy rant on using Mac OS X, i found that going back to Windows, even if it's a Windows XP, was a painful experience.

I still want that MacPro though, and a 30" Apple Cinematic Display for a total of US$ 5000.

Digg this

No comments: