Monday, April 14, 2008

French Film Festival in Indonesia

Silently, the 13th French Film Festival in Indonesia was started. I have counted at the very least 26 titles in all, gracing select venues in Jakarta, three, to be exact, and a dauntingly low fare to each screenings. It's an opportunity moviegoers can't be missed, had you asked me. Aside from Jakarta, the festival was also held at various cities in Java plus Denpasar for free albeit with more limited films to choose from.

Had i not marked the date on my iPod, i would've surely missed the festival. However, as much as i wanted to see all the 26 titles, i had to give up most of them for i had a rather tight schedule on an upcoming week. Added to that, except for "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" and "The Journey of Red Balloon", i was in a total darkness regarding the film choices.

So i spent a better part of the hour to see through the films scheduled to screened at the festival. And quickly, my personal preference shown its teeth that i had - unconciously - ruled out all of the films that has been billed as romantic comedy, and most of the comedy. Thus, my general preference in drama was once again, justified. This leave me with at least eleven titles that entered into my shortlist.

That being out of the way, let's see what i had came up during the festival.

Digg this

No comments: