Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Screening Galore

"Gather ye rose-buds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying; And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying"

It's been a quite a long while since the last I cried during a film. Dead Poet Society (1985) brings back that moment when the emotional torrent swept me up off my feet as a single drop of tear shed from the corner of my eye. Alas, although it's not the first time that I've seen the film, in so far, the film has never failed to made me at least had my heart expanded within its casket on that particular snow-field scene. "O Captain, My Captain"

Awake (2008). I used to love Jessica Alba. Well, probably I still did. Her bedroom eyes is naturally her first and foremost main attraction to many. On the other hand, I was ever reluctant with Hayden Christensen. And the fact that he keeps having roles that pit him against beautiful actresses doesn't help a bit. Anyway, probably due to my very low expectation, I found that Awake is an okay experience, at least much better than what would I have expected and Jessica Alba and Hayden Christensen actually had their above average performance (which still poor :D) here.

The Love Guru (2008). Another Jessica Alba. Mike Myers probably thought himself as the center of the universe. Even so, this film is probably his funniest film after the first Austin Powers film. Featured many cross-reference to his previous stints (the most obvious one, "Bohemian Rhapsody"), its lightness and disgusting acronyms might appeal to many who seeks for the merest form of entertainment through film.

What Happens in Vegas (2008). There's one single fact that I still found confusing today. Cameron Diaz portrayed as a f-ing hot actress. Big no. But hey, that's just me. Whatever my opinion is, she still is one of the most overpaid working actress in Hollywood today.

My Sassy Girl (2008). I wonder why I even bother to see this excuse of a film. Remaked from the 2002 Korean film of the same title, featuring Elisha Cuthbert among others, this film is far far inferior than the original film. Don't even bother to rent.

Digg this

No comments: