Friday, October 13, 2006

Birthday

I dont care about birthdays. Nothing special about birthday, the sun still rises and sets on its predetermined time, the road was still jammed with traffic and people frowned their eyes, sometimes shouts (that would be me, all the time, though) while hands busily thumping horns or feet constantly reining breaks, the job was still as dull as yesterday, well, nothing changed. Looking back at the time, i had my first and only birthday celebration when i was five. Afterwards, there'd be no special, probably because my parents see that i'm already such a loner who lived in his own world and rarely wishes company and see them (the company, not my parents) as more a hindrance.

Thus, i rarely wished somebody else Happy Birthday, but mind you, not that i forgot about them. I had a good memory on numbers and dates, and that's a fact. Well, i just dont.

But today, i recieved 3 messages wishing me Happy Birthday (excluding my girlfriend, which was of course, the first in line to say, 'blow the candle') two of them came from old friends whose birthdays came before mine and both of which i've missed. Well, i heard somebody shout, 'How could you?' from the back-seat. I know, i know, my mistake. But on my defense, if it's already a habit for me not wishing Happy Birthdays to friends, wouldn't it be hard to change it? Imagine an avid smoker trying to give up smoking. Anyways, my apologies, and my highest appreciation for wasting ten seconds of your precious time to remembered my birthday and type a message.

Honest. Scout's honor.

Digg this

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Arya.
This is widya hapsari. i dont think you remember me, but we once correspondece through email once.
When you were still in ilkom UI
and i was still in junior high.
we lost contact however,
i couldnt remember why.

If you somehow can remember me,
you are welcome to contact me at
hache_haley@yahoo.com

Have a nice day!

Rhama Arya Wibawa said...

hey, of course i remember... :), how are you? Still in Bogor are you? Last time i remembered, you went to that school in Central Java, can't remember the details though ^_^''...

Anonymous said...

Eh, Happy Birthday! *pats*
Can't wish much for your birthday, just hope you'll enjoy the day~ :D (and somehow reminds me to ask you, just how old are you? o__O --> don't answer if you don't want to)

Well, I seldom celebrate my birthday too. Just few friends that naturally remember and congrat me, but it's enough, i guess.. AT LEAST they remember~ *giggles*

Congrats (again), then! ^O^

Rhama Arya Wibawa said...

If you read my posts (not necessarily this post you commenting at), you'll know exactly how old i am.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

Okay, so i admit that i was so stupid! It's in the previous post, you're right. You're 25 now.

-___________-;;

Can i dig a hole and bury myself now? *laugh sarcastically*

Still, hope you have a nice birthday! ^^