Wednesday, November 21, 2007

9th Jakarta International Film Festival 2007

The 9th Jakarta International Film Festival. December 7th - December 16th, 2007. A couple of days ago, i emailed jiffest's event organizer regarding the event and the full fixtures of the scheduled film to be screened. I received a reply just this afternoon advised me to check their website instead. I grumpily obeyed because really, when i sent an email a couple of days ago, the website had yet received an update since last year's jiffest.

To my delight, the website has been updated.

I immediately checked the membership info. Hm, apparently the membership hadn't opened yet. So i checked the film lists instead.

As a fan of Coen Brother's. No Country for Old Men is of course, automatically, and immediately went into my shortlist. Elizabeth: The Golden Age is definitely another one that went into my shortlist despite its negative reviews, i won't missed any of Cate Blanchett's film. I had hoped that I'm Not There was screened as well, but i think i was hoping a little bit too far.

Into the Wild, Atonement, Persepolis, Sicko, and Bushi no Ichibun were among my list as of now. Probably more, because it's almost 6 p.m right now, the office is almost deserted, and i'm barely able to concentrate. Now if only they would tell me when we could buy the membership for the festival. I would be very disappointed if i run out the ticket for No Country for Old Men. I had really really wanted to see it.

Digg this

No comments: