Friday, November 02, 2007

The Power of Technologies

Ever since i had my very own MacBook last April, i was quickly bloating my disk-usage and most-used applications with configurations that rapidly grow both in quantity and quality. For instance, i just recently integrated my Gmail account into my Mail.app. It took two working days for my Mail.app to retrieve all 13,000+ messages from my inbox (including Mac-Indonesia and Java=User-Group-Indonesia) into my hard-drive. I know, i know, where was i this whole time? I had just enabled POP settings in my GMail. Now, i could read my mail at my most leisure time upon my bed, and off office-hours. This is most useful especially when there's a 'serious' topic going on and reading them all in the office doesn't seems a good idea.

Previously, i had also subscribed to RSS from every single websites i read daily (Cinematical, Engadget, The Server Side, ESPN Soccernet, Slashdot, and Wired) and afterwards, where i usually spent the greater part of my morning to read these sites (i know, not a good habit), i only needed a couple minutes to browse through the articles. Half hour at most. With these technologies doing my job, sometimes i really really felt like i had nothing to do anymore. Often at noon, during or shortly after lunch, i was mulling over an empty Safari page while thinking, real hard, for the URL address whence i wish to go to.

Digg this

No comments: