Thursday, November 01, 2007

Running out of Ideas

Okay, i'm running out of ideas right now. Oh, i had several in-writing posts but i deemed that they were too early and immature to get notified publicly so, they were as of now, merely gathering dusts at my Desktop. Moreover, i was scheduled to attend a one-day seminar at Microsoft Indonesia later this day for whole day. I was wondering wether i should bring my genuine Windows Vista powered Toshiba or my MacBook (which of course, no Windows installed) just to mock the attendants.

Anyways, i grow more and more uneasy in this place, and i should figure to look for another job more inline with my core (a loner, an introverted, a basement Java developer), because i had thought that career-wise i won't go anywhere in this place.

Recently, some employees were promoted and rotated. To my dismay, i've seen some of the brightest guy in this office were overlooked. I've been working with Billing & Collection department for the last couple of months regarding their online billing system. And i was genuinely surprised that Mr.A was promoted as a Manager where as Mr.B was not. I've been working with both Mr.A and Mr.B and in my opinion, Mr.B was much more smarter than Mr.A. It is clearly shown on his feature, his way of speech, his body language, and his quick wit in understanding the new system. However, this Mr.B was known as the man who overly critic, when he doesn't like about something, he would say it, out loud, regardless of who he talked to. Well, i'm not seeing this happen for myself (often), but some of my senior colleagues confirmed my suspicions, and they were agreed that Mr.B was the one who should promoted as a Manager instead of Mr.A. Further, this was twice when Mr.B was overlooked for a promotion. According to one of my senior colleague at the Accounting department, Mr.B was the one who created the Accounting system from scratch in this company. He said that before Mr.B, my company hasn't any fixed accounting system (i don't know shit about accounting, so i can't vouch about how's a company who doesn't have any fixed accounting system could proceed with their financial statements. I just copied what my colleague had said, verbatimly). That wasn't a small accomplishment. But, because Mr.B wasn't affiliated in any way with PT. PLN (Persero), he was surpassed by some guy from PT. PLN (Persero) who later become a Manager at the Accounting department (rumor has it that Mr.B and this Manager weren't exactly the best of friends). Mr.B was instead appointed at Billing & Collection department. Again, his contributions weren't small, he had a huge portion in developing the Billing & Collection system. And again, he was overlooked. Now, there's a vacant position as a Manager at the Accounting Department, and me and my senior Accounting department colleague anonymously agreed that he deserved the position, though of course, my colleague, being a senior had a very good reasons to doubt that it would be the case. He has seen more brightest guys were overlooked simply because they were too critic. Obviously more than i've already seen, and i've seen quite a few.

Let's see what would happen then, meanwhile, if you know any delicious vacant position where i could be working closer to my root (a loner, an introverted, a basement Java developer), i would glad if you'd be so kind to inform me.

Digg this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(a loner, an introverted, a basement Java developer)


this line is reaaaally something bro :) it 's so... me except the java developer thing :p

need an scjp license

Rhama Arya Wibawa said...

Who are you kidding, dude? You're as good as any Java Developer i've known.