Friday, November 02, 2007

No Java for Leopard

No Java for Leopard? Now that's a huge consideration for me to upgrade my MacBook's Mac OS X. I've heard nothing but a good thing about the newest cat from Curpentino, and of course, the eye-candied desktops, virtualization, Boot Camp, Spaces were tempting to get a try out. And for a measly price of US$ 150, i'm ready to pay for it. In fact, i've been asked about the availability of the Leopard at various Apple retail stores in Jakarta, and planned to buy one this evening. Until of course, the non-existant Java 6 support.

Actually, i would gladly wait for Apple to release their updated Java 6 version for Mac in a near future. However, given that even the threads about Java in the Apple forum were deleted, i highly doubted that they would included the Java 6 in a near future. Oh, the agony! While it's true, that i don't code Java for a living anymore, i still needed a Java in my machine to keep myself sane and as a reminder to myself of who i was, of what i was, of what live i used to have and love. And of course, to keep practicing, in hopes (and dreams) that someday i would have a chance to wound back into it.

Now, what are my options? Keep my old Tiger? Switching into a new religion, that is Cocoa and Objective-C native to Mac OS X? Or, most likely, switch to Leopard and start utilizing my Toshiba, though of course, given the probability of carrying two computer laptops already give my back an ache. Oh, the agony!

Digg this

No comments: