Friday, May 30, 2008

About How a Programmer's Office Should Look Like

I don't know why - well, actually, i knew just why - but i've been obsessed about programming these days. Of course, it is because i haven't done a lot of programming lately. I feel the aching dull as my creative mind which usually fueled up whenever i faced with a particularly hard algorithm to muster thwarted considerably as more and more paperwork that involves almost next to no programming language.

Anyways, here's a great description on my dream office-space as a programmer.

"Your business success will depend on the extent to which programmers essentially live at your office. For this to be a common choice, your office had better be nicer than the average programmer's home. There are two ways to achieve this result. One is to hire programmers who live in extremely shabby apartments. The other is to create a nice office."

In accordance to the quoted definition above, the best office-space that i've been working for was at my campus. I had a whole office, with a closeable door, an open window, a super quite environment, and i've only had to share it with two of my colleagues in a room which could easily filled with twenty people and still had an open space to make it comfortable. Ah, those days.

Digg this

No comments: