Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gundala the Movie (2009)

Whoa! the news made me tingled with expectation. I mean check it out. Gundala Putra Petir (or Gundala, Son of the Thunder) is probably the first Indonesian superhero ever created. I had on one occasion said to my friend who would listen that if i had an unlimited budget to create an Indonesian film, i would filmed Gundala Putra Petir (i named this, General Sudirman biopic, and the remake of "Si Buta dari Goa Hantu", actually).

It should be easy though to guess his origin and abilities that some had questioned the originality of Gundala. But really, does it really matters? Not for me, though. I've been a fan of Gundala since i was a kid and it was something from my past that was buried and forgotten. But it lingers and with a right stimuli, such as this poster, the nostalgic moment was inadvertently surfaced. And my, what a sensation.

However, while i'm writing this post and doing some research in the background, it is possible (with a significant odds, by the way) that this news could be a hoax and nothing more but a fanboy having too much of a free time. I surely hope that this wasn't the case and we could really expect Gundala the Movie in 2009 just like advertised.

Edit: Apparently, this 'news' was indeed, nothing more than a hoax.

Digg this

3 comments:

lavesh said...

hi Rhama,
how did you know this was a hoax ?
everyone anticipating for the movie.
cheers
L

Rhama Arya Wibawa said...

Hi, by the time I wrote this entry, it felt too good to be true, thus, I decided that it was a hoax. If this news turns out to be real, I'd be more than happy to admit that I was wrong. Well, let's see how it's going to be.

Aerylon said...

The easiest way to determing if a movie is too good to be true, or in this case, real---go to www.imdb.com and search first for the movie title, then the main actor advertised. If it does not appear there, it is not real. IMDB will ALWAYS put up the next movie within 1 to 2 years and will tell you if it is in production, being filmed, or written, or cast. Will also tell you Director, Producers and the like. It is a shame this movie is not coming out. But if it did, in order for it to succeed, they might consider starting it off with another hero movie. Like Batman and Robin for example, Robin goes off to create Nightwing. Just a thought